The Technologiestiftung Berlin is an independent, non-profit foundation under civil law. At the interface between civil society, science and public administration, we are committed to innovative urban development and promote the development of Berlin into an important technology location. The foundation regularly publishes analyzes and reports, organizes workshops and events and develops tools to shape the digital transformation of the capital.
In addition to the very successful projects CityLAB Berlin and kulturBdigital, the Technology Foundation is building a new team to implement new innovation projects and digital prototypes together with the Berlin administration and numerous partners from urban society.
We develop digital tools and modern infrastructure that enable us to provide our target groups and partners with smart solutions. In this role, you’ll use your creativity and implementation expertise to transform complex sets of requirements into user-friendly applications and thereby play a major role in the success of our projects.
As a reinforcement for the new team, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer (m/f/x, Full-time).
About the role
- The Consult with product owners and stakeholders in order to identify appropriate solutions
- Develop project platforms in the form of websites, customer portals and apps
- Maintain and further develop backend services for our web apps (AWS, Netlify, Render.com, SQL & NoSQL, Node.js, Python, Docker)
- Implement modern front-end standards using current technologies (Typescript, React, CSS3, HTML5)
- Design and develop APIs and application architectures (REST, GraphQL)
- Prepare technical documentation and crystallizations of project requirements
- Initiate improvements of existing web-based software solutions
- Oversee and accompany the entire life cycle of a project, including the solution definition and documentation thereof, the design and implementation of the solution, and the testing of the solution, including through the usage of standard VCS workflows with CI and CD
- The ability to understand the needs of laypersons and transform those needs into user-friendly applications
- Broad knowledge of programming and web development in both the front end and back end
- A relevant degree or comparable professional experience and skills
- Multiple years of work experience (desired)
- Interest in pitching and developing your own project ideas
- Willingness to engage in structured and self-directed work
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken word with various kinds of audiences
What we offer
- A dynamic work environment with a lot of creative freedom and short
- decision-making paths.
- A meaningful activity that combines digital commitment and sustainability.
- High learning curve and responsibility from day one.
- Freedom to contribute and implement your own ideas.
- A great working atmosphere in an open, diverse team.
- Flexible working hours and home office.
- 30 vacation days a year.
At Technologiestiftung your performance and personality count, regardless of age, nationality, origin, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Please send your application documents as PDF documents to Natalia Stoinska, bewerbung(at)technologiestiftung-berlin.de