What is the Hacking Box?
With the Hacking Box project, we want to help children, teens, and adults experience hacking and coding – to open up the black box and show what is possible.
To this end, we lend individually configurable hardware boxes for projects, workshops, hackathons, etc. and provide example applications. Further: We maintain a community by asking you to send us photos of your project to post in the gallery along with photos of the other projects.
Who is the Hacking Box for?
We lend the Hacking Box to organizations, institutions, and individuals in Berlin and its immediate surroundings for relevant events. Upon request, we also lend to companies that want to their employees to have the hacking and coding experience. The prerequisite in all cases: no commercial interests!
What's in the hacking box?
Any combination of devices and individual parts is possible. We have 100 Arduinos, Makey Makeys, Raspberry Pi 2 & 3 and Calliope mini and over 200 sensors, modules, servos and other accessories. The components are suitable for children, adolescents and adults. Our contact persons are available for detailed information and advice.
- ADXL330 triple-axis accelerometers, DS18B20 temperature sensors (waterproof), YL-69 soil moisture sensors, HC-SR04 ultrasound sensors, MQ-2/4/5/7/9 gas sensors, senseBox:edu
- Grove LCD RGB backlight displays, Grove loudness sensors, Grove PIR motion sensors
- ESP8266 WiFi modules, LoRa Shields, solar modules, 4-channel relay boards (10 A switching capacity)
- Servos, breadboards, switches & potentiometers, voltage limiter, photoconductive cells, various LEDs, etc.
- Digital multimeters, precision engineering tools, soldering units & accessories
Good to know
To organisations, institutions and persons who want to teach how to hack and write code we lend the Hacking Box free of charge. Companies should ask for conditions.
It is possible to design the content of the boxes according to user-specific requirements. Click here to view the options.
Users are responsible for picking up the Boxes from us and returning them too.
Please note: Our Box is very popular and you should make a reservation well in advance.
How the Hacking Box is used ...
... in associations and clubs
Send us pictures of your event / project and we will show you and your inventive talent here!
We would like to thank Förderverein Technologiestiftung e.V. for the valuable support in procuring hardware for the Hacking Box.